Saturday 26 February 2011

Priyanka Chopra defends 7 Khoon Maaf

Her dark comedy 7 Khoon Maaf has under-performed at the box office, but Priyanka Chopra is confident it won`t lose money as it was not a big budget film.

"We haven`t really spent that much on it. No, it isn`t an expensive film," said the 28-year-old who enjoys being one of the top
 
actresses in Bollywood.

It wasn`t easy for Priyanka to go through seven different looks and emotions in 7 Khoon Maaf, which is directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. On top of it there were all those stories about the intimate scenes with her leading men.

"After seeing the film, I`ve had people ask, `Where is the kissing scene with John (Abraham), the love scene with Neil (Nitin Mukesh)?` Did I say there were love-making scenes? The one really lengthy bedroom sequence I have was with Irrfan (Khan) and that was done in a salwar-kameez. It was hardly pleasant. For the love-making sequence with Anu Kapoor, I wasn`t even present on the sets," she said.

The near-seduction sequence with Vivaan Shah was also done with a body-double. And Priyanka selected the body! "The bare back had to be that of a 50-year old woman. My back just wouldn`t have worked. I was shown dozens of backs. I finally chose one that I thought would pass off one which I thought could be my back when I am 50. The hardest part of 7 Khoon Maaf was ageing in front of the camera without props."

No comments:

Post a Comment