Thursday 29 September 2011

Kissing isn't required in Indian cinema: Genelia



Sexy, sweet and a youth icon, Genelia D'souza is probably the only actress who can play a college-girl with ease by simply wearing her gorgeous smile and girlish attitude. It's her style and her USP. 

That's what makes Genelia a 'Force' to reckon with... In this exclusive interview with Madhureeta Mukherjee, she talks about being away from Hindi cinema, the cultural differences down south, her relationship with Riteish, and other link-ups. Read on...

Your sizzling chemistry with John is talk-of-the-town... 
l It is, isn't it? We're both very relaxed people and we don't bother about our perfect profiles on camera and looking perfect onscreen. There are a lot of intimate scenes in 'Force'. It's an action film, but it's also a love story between two mature people. There's a lot of sensuality in the film.

You've done intimate scenes, but what about kissing on-screen? 
I don't think onscreen kissing is required in Indian cinema. Most of the times it's done to attract eyeballs.

You're often typecast for your cute, bubbly image... 
I tried to break that with this film. My character is cute and bubbly but at the same time, it is very mature. People think being cute is being clueless. It's not like that. Cute people aren't dumb, and I want to prove that.

Your Bollywood films are far and few? 
I want to do more Bollywood films, but I also want to do films down south. For me, the language isn't the determining factor for choosing a film, it's the role. I'm part of 5 different film industries within India, and that's very rare.

So any plans of moving on to another industry, like Hollywood? 
Sure, if I get a good role in Hollywood, I'd love to do it. But there are so many industries within India, so I'm happy exploring everything there is here.

When do we see you do a 'Munni, Sheila' number? 
I don't think doing an item number is a necessity, but I'll do it if I'm required to. I won't ever do a sleazy number.

Over the years, you've been linked with Riteish Deshmukh. Now we hear talks of a wedding... 
Yeah, I think Riteish has over-powered all my other link-ups! I did my first film with him, and when you start your career with someone, you become friends. You aren't co-stars because you don't know what professionalism is, in that sense. So Riteish and I have maintained the friendship and if and when there is something to announce, I will announce it to the world.

To watch the complete interview, tune in to 'B Tonite' on Sept 30th, at 10pm only on zoOm - India's No.1 Bollywood channel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment