Monday 28 March 2011

I won’t be wearing a bikini: Kangna



Work beckoned Kangna Ranaut even on her birthday recently. And that too far away from home on promotional duty for her latest flick. 

But the lady sure made up for that by partying through the previous night and well into the early hours of the morning. And it seemed she partied a wee bit too much, as she remained seated on the bed in her hotel room and refused to remove her oversized sunglasses while chatting with BT. "I had a blast last night," is all she said about her birthday festivities.

But despite the lack of sleep, Kangna was thrilled to be in Bangalore to talk about her new film, the Excel Entertainment offering Game, which sees her play a cop. "I'm happy to be here. We're meeting fans and engaging them in a contest, the winners of which will be flown to Mumbai for the final," she said. As for her character in the film, Kangna plays a cop. "My character is a detective based inLondon. Since it's a murder mystery, I'm not given a song or dance sequence," she explained.

The actress, who is still basking in the success of her film Tanu Weds Manu, has an action-packed year ahead. "I've just finished shooting for Double Dhamaal, which also has an ensemble cast. Then there's Rascals with Sanjay Dutt andSalman Khan and later in the year I will be seen in Happy New Year," she elaborated. Rumour has it that Kangna agreed to don a bikini in Rascals, albeit after laying down certain terms and conditions. True? "Of course not! I won't be wearing a two-piece swimming costume. I wonder where people get such news from. They just print whatever they want and don't even have the courtesy to ask me if there's any truth to the report," said Kangna.

As for reports of Sonal Chauhan replacing the actress in the Big B-starrer Bbuddah, the actress maintains that she was never part of the project. "The film was offered to me. But after reading the script, I figured that this was not what I wanted to do at this point and hence did not take it up. You don't do every film offered to you. So there was no question of being replaced," she explains. What then is she looking for? "What I'd love to do are simple love stories," she said and joined the rest of the cast, including Abhishek Bachchan and Sarah-Jane Dias, to cut a cake that the hotel had prepared for their special guest on her big day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment