Saturday 30 April 2011

Sonam Kapoor's dress stress



Designers all around the world love to dress celebrities in their collections. Most design houses send them clothes to wear in films, to events and for photo shoots. 

There is no better publicity. The bigger the movie star, the more eyeballs it grabs. With Sonam Kapoor being the best dressed actress, designers should be bending over backwards to flaunt their brand, but they have certain reservations.

Two designers who've received requests from Anil Kapoor Productions to send look-books (the catalogue featuring designs) are being cautious, all thanks to one man — Anuj Sharma, who claims that he'd given clothes for her home production Aisha, and he wasn't paid or given credit. He has been talking about it to people in the fraternity and warning designers that they would be meted out the same treatment. Designers James Ferreira and Rahul Mishra recently got requests from Anil Kapoor's office to source clothes for the actress. James says, "Yes, I've got a request. There is no harm sending look-books but if they (Anil and Sonam) want my clothes, they will have to pay and there needs to be an agreement. Or else, I'm not interested. Designers have separate rules for Bollywood people as there have been cases where designers were not paid and not given credit."

Rahul adds, "It's a great compliment that Sonam is interested in my clothes but if there is no money involved and I'm not even getting the credit then what's the use? If Anil and Sonam like my designs and want them, I would tell them to get into an agreement and pay up with assurance that I also get the credit."
Designer Anuj Sharma, who worked on Aisha says, "They (Anil's production crew) sourced clothes from me but no credit was given. The clothes never came back to me and I wasn't even paid." Sonam's sister and producer Rhea says, "I don't understand why Anuj is saying all this. Yes, we sourced his clothes but they were not used and we returned them. If he feels that he was not paid, he can send us a bill of this imaginary garment and we will pay him. It is also true that I asked for look books from designers, but I can't get into a contract for clothes that are being used for a magazine shoot. They (Rahul and James) should work with me and they will realise how professional we are. We never take talent and not give due credit."
Sonam told BT, "Anuj's clothes weren't even used. He is making it all up." 

No comments:

Post a Comment