Monday 2 May 2011

Deepika's excited for 'Rana'



It's her first Tamil flick and Bollywood bombshell Deepika Padukone is thrilled that she's got an opportunity to star with none other than Superstar Rajinikanth. 

"I will not even call this a dream come true because it seemed so impossible that I did not even dream that this would happen one day," she said at a press meet for Rana.

TOI understands that the actress is shooting a song sequence on the premises of a popular studio in Vadapalani. "Friday was my first day of shoot," she revealed, "We are shooting a song sequence to a number tuned by A R Rahman, the composer of the film." So, how will she look in the song? "It'll be a period look," she told us, "As the film is set in the 17th century, my look and hair will be done in a very different way. Costume designer Neeta Lulla, who has handled films like Devdas, has worked hard on my look and come out with brilliant results. It's a 17th century look with a south Indian touch."

Added the actress, "It's great to be in Chennai and shooting for this film. Even on the first day of shoot, I could feel the entire unit reaching out to me and helping me with the new environment. Ravikumar sir and Soundarya Rajinikanth ensured that I was comfortable. Even Rajini sir wished me success at the pooja. I'm eagerly awaiting to start work on the scenes that feature both of us."

Rajinikanth, in her opinion, is a legendary actor. "It can't get bigger and better than this. I'm south Indian myself and have long wanted to debut in Kollywood with a big film. Though I've been listening to scripts, it was when Rana came along that I decided that this is the one for me. I think it's destiny." Has she seen any of the Superstar's films? "I've only seen Robot till now."

No comments:

Post a Comment