Tuesday 10 January 2012

I wasn't born with the perfect measurements: Hrithik


I wasn't born with the perfect measurements: Hrithik

Hrithik Roshan is celebrating his 38th birthday. After an agonising tryst with a bad back, he's just about got his ideal body back; his dream project Agneepath is a fortnight away. Self-admittedly 63 days ago, he was a broken man. 

Read excerpts of an interview with one of Bollywood's brightest talents:

Happy Birthday; heard your waist measures 29 and a half inches! Thank you, yes I've got my waist back in 62 days flat. And to think that just two months ago I had hit rock bottom mentally. I had a slipped disc and was in anguish. I couldn't lift my arm for a clothes trial. Dad was worried. We thought we'd defer Krrish-3. In self-pity I was gorging on brownies and chocolates. Then something within me said - 'I'm not giving in.' I got one of the finest doctors in the world to examine me and the physiotherapy sessions began. I was in anguish but I told myself if I give up today, I may just give it all up.

What did you waist measure then? 36 and half inches! I couldn't zip the Krrish-3 jacket or trousers.

What is your current mantra? I don't know whether you can call it a mantra. But the golden word for me is `initiative.' It is all about taking that first step when you are down and out. We are all normal; we're the same. I want everyone out there to know that I wasn't born with the perfect measurements. I had to work towards getting this dream body.

Are birthdays special or routine? Oh they are always special. I feel blessed every single day. I am happy that I have some really beautiful people around me. And I thank God each day for giving me the awareness and ability to take control of my life. That's my gift.

Is Agneepath making you nervous? I am more excited than nervous. I like Karan Malhotra. He was an AD on Jodhaa Akbar. Here he was the one whose instructions I was following. Agneepath is his vision.

Who's more exciting - Kalli ( Priyanka Chopra) or Chikni ( Katrina Kaif)? Chikni will get you excited, Kalli will make you cry.

Aamir Khan and Farhan Akhtar both admire you for going from Guzaarish to Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara; Agneepath to Krrish! Are you flattered? I am humbled. That Aamir and Farhan both hugely successful and creative people should have a kind word for me, makes me happy. I am an adventurer and an explorer. For me doing the same thing over and over again spells doom.

Is there anything else you wish to ask God for? Yeah I have a lot of questions for him. I want to keep pushing my potential as a performer and a human being to the optimum. I'm hoping that when I've evolved enough, God will answer the many questions I have in store for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment